Functions & Dragons – Part 5

Today I added the Other Proficiencies & Languages panel.

I started by taking the same approach of enumerating all the languages and providing a drop-down list, but the user experience was kind of sucky. I eventually decided to simply use a text box and allow any string, which cut way down on code repetition.

I think I’m going to propagate this String based approach to cover Skills and possibly even Abilities as well, not so much for flexibility as to simply cut down on code repetition.

Also, the Languages and Proficiencies sections are basically copy-pasted at this point. I should refactor that.

Anyway, with that, the first column is done! Next time, assuming I don’t get entirely lost in refactor land, I’ll implement the basic character info panel.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *